We are in the middle of the Summer and there seems to be a 5k race happening every weekend… I have participated in a few, but also just DJ’d the Color Vibe 5k race in Dayton, Ohio. All racers outfit themselves in all white and maybe add colorful accessories, such as a hot pink tutu or multi-colored striped socks. As they travel through the course, they get doused with a non-toxic, magical colored power and then everyone gathers together after they finish for a post race crazy dance party!!!
Here’s a list of 5 must have songs of the Summer in your iPod, mp3 player, or whatever music device you use in various stages of a workout!!!
- Warm Up: Summer – Calvin Harris – What would this season be without a song that not only has a title so fitting for this season, but for all of those who met someone special…as the lyrics go “When I met you in the summer … To my heartbeat sound… We fell in love… As the leaves turned brown.” As of July 2014, this track had sold over a million copies in the United States and will be sure to get those muscles warmed up!
- Lifting Weights: Fancy – Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX – If you haven’t heard this track yet, I’d say you have been living under a rock or possibly in Forks, Washington with the Cullens. I tried procrastinating listening to this song for awhile, but I just can’t help myself, it is a jam!!! The lyrics are basic and silly, but yet they are catchy and that beat is rockin! I listen to this when I’m doing my squats or dead lifts while checking out my fancy form in the mirror. 😉
- Cardio: Clean Bandit – Rather Be – I loved this song from the minute I heard it. The elements of classical music combined with a good dance beat is refreshing to hear. The group is from Cambridge, England and this is their first US Top 40 single, which has peaked at #19 on theBillboard Hot 100. Get ready to sweat it out as your run, climb, or cycle!
- Cool Down: Magic! – Rude – I am a BIG fan of reggae, so I instantly was connected to this song when I heard it. This Reggae fusion band from Canada has had international success with this track. Perfect for while your heartbeat slows and your breathing resumes to normal.
- Stretching: Latch ft. Sam Smith – Disclosure – The British are invading our US charts! Disclosure are also from England. They are a garage-electronic music duo of brothers. The song feeds your soul with Sam Smith’s sultry voice and its’ jazzy melodic rhythms. It’ll help take your stretching to the next level.
Now you got some new jams to add to your workout playlists, so have a happy sweat session! 🙂
“Fit is not a destination, it is a way of life.”